LONGMONT, CO – Over the next 4 weeks, Longmont Power & Communications is accepting proposals from firms to design the expansion of the broadband fiber-to-the-premise network throughout Longmont. A pre-proposal conference will be held Friday, December 6 and the proposal submission deadline is December 19. Interviews will take place during the week of January 6.
As part of the November 5 election, Longmont’s voters approved funding for the full development of the city’s fiber optic broadband network, moving the community toward a future filled with progress and opportunity. As a true gigabit city, Longmont will be positioned to be a leader in digital communications and a global information hub.
- Selection of a vendor to conduct design and engineering services
- Issuance of revenue bonds to fund system build-out
- Design of system expansion
- Purchase of materials needed for construction
- Selection of construction vendor
- Construction – estimated duration approximately 3 years
In 2014, residents and businesses will be able to pre-register for services. The city will notify the community as actual sign up and connection capabilities are available.