MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA – What would you do with a gigabit? US Ignite is coming to Kansas City in November to try to get an answer to that question. Its team will work with local and national developers to build and test gigabit applications that are built for high speed networks like the Google Fiber.
US Ignite is looking for developers who want to build an application that:
- Is incredibly and realistically responsive, with no latency or delay
- Allows you to touch, move, and control things with your hands, your eyes or your body language
- Enables real-time collaboration in a natural way
- Provides immediate results from massive computational efforts with big data
- Is not limited by bandwidth
Apply to be a Gigabit Explorer
If you meet the above criteria, US Ignite invites you to fill out an application to participate in its Gigabit Explorer Challenge starting this week. Participants will not only get to develop using Google Fiber, they’ll also have access to technology advisors and onsite computing and storage resources. You just need to have a great idea and be willing to put in the time to develop it.
The event will take place in Kansas City on Friday, November 1 through Sunday, November 3