TOKYO â€” Sumitomo Electric Industries, announced the release of its 10G symmetrical EPON (Ethernet Passive Optical Network) line cards (FCM7133) for use with its FSU7100 Series of Optical Line Terminals (OLTs). The FCM7133 line cards support 10 times the bandwidth of the current 1G line cards to service the growing needs of both commercial and residential broadband applications.
â€œOur EPON systems allow our customers to increase their already extensive service offering capabilities to compete against the ever growing threat from competition in commercial and residential markets.â€
With existing deployments of 1G EPON products in North America, Japan, and other global markets, the addition of a 10G symmetrical option supports the growing demand for bandwidth driven by the increase of per/household or per/business Internet consumption, streaming video distribution, MEF services, and the emergence of super-high-definition content over Internet Protocol (IP).
The FCM7133 is an IEEE 802.3av-compliant line card and offers an optional module for the FSU7100 series OLTs in accordance with CableLabs DPoE standards. Sumitomo Electricâ€™s OLTs support the coexistence of its 10G and 1G optical network units (ONUs) on the same fiber, ensuring full backward compatibility with ONUs that are already deployed in the field today.
The primary features of Sumitomo Electricâ€™s 10G-EPON FCM7133 line card module includes:
- Simultaneous support for downstream/upstream rates of 10Gbps/10Gbps, 10Gbps/1Gbps and 1Gbps/1Gbps
- High density capacities of over 8,000 subscribers per chassis lowering common equipment costs.
- DPoE capability ensures ease of integration into existing DOCSISÂ® provisioning systems
- Seamless integration with other Sumitomo Electric line card modules
- In combination with FSW7112 switching modules and FSU7101 multi-terabit capable chassis, the FCM7133 supports full duplex line rate speeds for all eight 10G ports.
â€œThe FSU7101 OLT has been adopted in North America by major cable operators since 2012,â€ comments Hiromitsu Awai, senior vice president of the Network Products division at Sumitomo Electric Lightwave Corp. â€œOur EPON systems allow our customers to increase their already extensive service offering capabilities to compete against the ever growing threat from competition in commercial and residential markets.â€
The FCM7133 10G line cards and FTE7502 10G ONUs are immediately available for delivery.