Loveland, Colorado – Pulse, the city’s community-owned, cutting-edge internet network, has reached a milestone with the completion of its Loveland capital construction. With an investment of nearly $110 million and a meticulously managed four-year timeline, Pulse’s network construction stands as the largest capital project in the city’s history.
“This infrastructure has been designed and built with future generations in mind, ensuring Loveland remains at the forefront of modern, robust, and future-proof internet delivery,” said Brieana Reed-Harmel, Pulse broadband manager.
Persevering through the challenges posed by a global pandemic, supply chain disruptions, and severe inflation, the project crossed the finish line on time and on budget, thanks to the unwavering determination of over 250 local Pulse employees and contractors. The team added 631 miles of conduit and laid over 1316 miles of fiber-optic cabling, establishing a future-proof foundation that now delivers Internet, WiFi, TV, and Voice to subscribers.
Steve Adams, City of Loveland city manager, expressed, “As we celebrate the successful conclusion of this historic project, Pulse stands as a shining example of what is possible when the community unites to pioneer innovative, collaborative solutions. We did this for ourselves, and we made it happen together.” Adams continued, “Reflecting on the time when a community-owned fiber network was just an aspiration, it is truly extraordinary to witness it evolve into a tangible, nationally recognized reality.”
Pulse Vision Statements Realized
Redefining what it means to be an internet service provider, Pulse has met and surpassed the adopted vision statements of universal access, fast internet, customer service excellence, reliability, and affordability.
- Universal Accessibility: Pulse has delivered on its promise of access for every home and business in Loveland, making it the only 10 Gig network in the city that offers symmetrical, uncapped connectivity to every resident and business.
- Fast Internet: Pulse has not only met but exceeded expectations for delivering “fast internet.” According to PCMag’s “2023 Best ISPs in the United States,” Pulse ranked as the fastest network in the Mountain region and the second fastest in the entire country.
- Exceptional Customer Service: The local Pulse team’s commitment to providing quality customer experiences is evident, with customer satisfaction scores over 17 times higher than the national average.
- Reliability: With an industry-leading 99.95% uptime, Pulse sets the standard for internet reliability, demonstrating that delivering better internet starts with building a better network.
- Affordable & Transparent Pricing: Pulse proudly forgoes long-term contracts and complex promotions and ensures that no one in our community is left behind due to cost, offering free internet access to Affordable Connectivity Program-qualifying households.
Furthermore, Pulse has achieved and is exceeding subscribership goals outlined in the original business plan and is fulfilling financial commitments, with a notable 34.5% residential take rate, surpassing the initially targeted 32%.
“Pulse is the result of our community’s unwavering dedication to quality, affordable connections for all, even when others doubted its feasibility. Our achievement has not only transformed our city but also inspired neighboring communities to follow suit in creating a more connected region,” said Reed-Harmel.
Although the main capital build is complete, construction will continue as Pulse works to connect multi-family and commercial properties within city limits as access is gained, build out new areas as Loveland grows, and expand to serve regional neighbors. Those interested in learning more about Pulse services and availability are encouraged to visit LovelandPulse.com/CanISignUpNow or 970-541-4990.