SPARTANBURG, SC â€“ AFL introduced the Fujikura 70R fusion splicer, the newest addition to Fujikuraâ€™s proven line of splicing products. With the 70R, Fujikura has again set a new standard delivering even faster, more precise splicing results while retaining all of the features and reliability that made its predecessor, the 60R, the premier product for ribbon splicing applications.
The Fujikura 70R fusion splicer offers several enhanced features:
- Automated wind protector and tube heater with the worldâ€™s fastest heating time of 40 seconds for a ribbon protection sleeve
- Long-life electrodes provide 1,500 splices
- High resolution, 4.7-inch color LCD monitor with 90X fiber magnification for improved visibility in low-light conditions
- Configurable automation allows the user to customize the automated functions
- Powerful Li-ion battery supports 110 splices and heating cycles with each full charge
- Six-direction drop-proof design with fully ruggedized rubber casing
- Dust- and rain-proof design provides superior protection
- Innovative transit case design with detachable, built-in worktable
- Video guides for operation and troubleshooting incorporated into the splicer software
- Fully compatible with the FuseConnect line of splice-on connectors
â€œThe 70R builds on the excellent track record set by the 60R. With the automated wind protector and tube heater, quality splicing is even faster. The tube heater clamps the splice protection sleeve from both sides, resulting in a shrink time of an impressive 40 seconds,â€ commented Greg Pickeral, product manager, fusion splicing systems for AFL.